Okay, here we go..
How to make Nasi Goreng (1-2 servings)
240 gr of cool steamed rice (i made it with 1/2 cup of rice)
half of chicken breast
1 tbs of sweet soya sauce
2 minced garlics
2 minced shallots
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of white pepper
1/2 tsp of chicken stock powder
1 red chili
1 stalk of green onion
Kerupuk Udang (Shrimp Cracker)
- Make the rice with rice cooker (1 Cup rice = 2-3 portions) and after it cooked, put it into a bowl or plate. Separate it the rice with fork so it will not lumpy. Set aside until the rice is properly cool down.
- Marinate the half chicken breast with salt and pepper and pan fried it with lil bit of oil. Set aside until the chicken is cool down and tear it apart into bite size.
- Finely chopped garlics and shallots.
- Cut the chili into half, throw away the core of the chili and cut it thinly strips
- Slice the green onion
- Beat one egg with fork and seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Heat the wok with 2 or 3 tbs of oil, add the egg and make a scramble egg. Set aside.
- Heat up the wok again and add some oil. Add minced garlic and minced shallot, saute them until fragrance.
- Add chili, sherdded chicken, egg, and the cold rice. Mix them together in medium heat
- Add 1 tbs of sweet soya sauce, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of white pepper, and 1/2 tsp of chicken stock powder. Mix them well.
- Add the sliced green onion and continue mix them in 1 minute.
- Put them into serving plate. Add fried sunny side top egg, Acar Timun, Fried shallot on top of the rice, and kerupuk udang. Enjoy!
I hope you like it guys. Here in Indonesia many types of Nasi Goreng. Some using Tomato Ketchup, Oyster Sauce, without sweet soya sauce, or even just using chili sauce only. The Origin of Nasi Goreng actually came from China. Yes... you can check it in Wikipedia guys. hohoho~ Btw, you might be like this Dutch song called "Geef mij maar Nasi Goreng" by Wieteke von dort. I love this song and keep playing in my head for days. :D here the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmqbtthIvVA
Enjoy the videos and the recipe~!